5 Best Free VPN Providers To Access Dark Web Safely
The dark web is protected by a browser called Tor, which uses a bunch of relay networks to hide sensitive info.
Your internet provider might see Tor, but you can hide it with a VPN.
You can use the best free VPN to get into the dark web, but it might slow your connection and only give you a limited amount of bandwidth.
Plus, the VPNs have weaker and less secure protocols, so your privacy is at risk.
A free VPN trial is a great way to try out the best VPNs for the dark web. They offer unlimited bandwidth, top-notch privacy, and safe access.
In this guide, we'll tell you how to secure your access to the dark web, what the best VPN is, and what are the top VPN services.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks On The 5 Best Free VPN Providers
- How To Sign Up For A Free Trial Of The Dark Web VPN?
- Dark Web-Friendly Best Free VPN Providers For This Year
- Why Is It So Dangerous To Use A Free Dark Web VPN?
- What Are The Drawbacks Of Using A Free VPN On The Dark Web?
- Bottom Line
Our Top Picks On The 5 Best Free VPN Providers
The following are the top 5 free VPNs that we have shortlisted after rigorous research.
- PureVPN - Check out our #1-rated Free VPN Trial on the Dark Web!
- NordVPN - Best Free Dark Web VPN Trial Completely focussed on Privacy.
- SurfShark VPN - High Speed Internet Connection Approved By Forbes And Ookla.
- ExpressVPN - A reliable VPN for Dark Web browsing.
- Windscribe - Comprehensive Access to the Dark Web Having Unlimited Connections.
How To Sign Up For A Free Trial Of The Dark Web VPN?
If you want to get a free trial of the Dark Web VPN, you'll need to look for a top-notch VPN company with a refund policy and sign up for their services. If you're looking to get a free VPN trial for the dark web, here's how to do it!
- Sign up for the free trial of a VPN provider. We recommend you to go for PureVPN that provides a 31 day money back guarantee.
- Get the VPN app and set it up on the device you'll be using to access the Dark Web. You can also use the free VPN for pc.
- Go to your VPN app and log in with your account.
- Download and set up the Tor browser.
- Now you can just open up Tor, hop on the network, and dive right into the Dark Web.
Note: Basically, if you're looking for a way to stay safe on the Dark Web, a free VPN isn't the way to go. It won't keep you safe, and some of the free ones can even steal your sensitive info.
So, if you want to stay safe and private, it's best to try out a premium VPN first or opt for a VPN with money back guarantee to remain safe sided.
Dark Web-Friendly Best Free VPN Providers For This Year
When it comes to finding the best VPN for the dark web, there are a few things to keep in mind.
You want a VPN that has unlimited bandwidth so you can surf the dark web without any time limits.
Most free VPNs don't offer this, so make sure you get one with a good data allowance.
You also need a large server network with lots of server locations, so you can get fast performance with little to no throttling.
Finally, you want a VPN that offers top-notch security and privacy, like a No-Logs policy, reliable VPN protocols, strong encryption, a kill switch, and support for multiple simultaneous connections across all devices and platforms.
To top it all off, you'll also want 24/7 support and a generous refund policy.
Here are the top 5 best free VPN services for the dark web of which some are premium too.
PureVPN is an affordable VPN plan that hides a user's public IP address and creates a secure tunnel between their device and a remote server.
It supports up to 10 devices connected simultaneously with virtual servers across 70 countries.
PureVPN uses protocols like OpenVPN, IKEV/IPsec, and WireGuard for encryption and security.
It offers privacy features like leak-proof privacy, unblocking locations, portable privacy, and private file sharing.
It offers lightning-fast internet speed up to 10 Gbps, Kill Switch, Split Tunneling, PureKeep, and PurePrivacy.
However, the dedicated IP option is restricted for Indian users.
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- AES-256 encryption
- Compatible with Android TV
- No DNS leaks
- Password manager add-on
- Supports port forwarding
- Supports torrenting
- Unblocks Netflix
- Connection issues
- Limited Linux app
- Some features don’t work with WireGuard
If you're looking for a top-notch VPN, NordVPN is the way to go! It's a free trial of the Dark Web VPN, so you can try it out and see what it's like. It's got all the bells and whistles, like unlimited bandwidth, 5,500+ servers, and access to over 60 countries.
Plus, it's got top-notch performance, especially around nearby servers like Double VPN and Onion over VPN. NordVPN uses top-notch encryption protocols, like OpenVPN, WireGuard, and AES-256, plus AES-256 for more secure connections.
You don't have to worry about logging in or logging out, and it has a kill switch to stop data leaks.
Plus, you can use it on up to six devices and install it on your router for easy web browsing. And don't forget, you can get your money back after 30 days.
Plus, there are plenty of installation guides and tutorials to help you get started.
- No limits to bandwidth.
- Utilizes Onion over VPN (Onion) servers.
- Possesses a whopping 5,500+ servers.
- No logs policy audited.
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
- Support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It is not the quickest solution to access the dark web or darknet.
3. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark VPN protects your privacy by hiding your local IP and inbound and outbound data to stop companies, hackers and data brokers from monitoring your online activity and personal data. Surfshark VPN supports unlimited devices and geo-sensitive content. With over 3,200+ servers in more than 95+ countries, Surfshark VPN offers features.
- MultiHop routes traffic through 2 servers for better security.
- Bypasser allows you to choose which websites you want to run on the VPN server and access the rest using your local IP.
- Desire IP for registered Indian users.
- Fixed IP address instead of shared one.
- Kill Switch protects your privacy when your internet connection drops unexpectedly.
- Surfshark Search helps you browse the internet without any ads or logs.
- Some users have experienced problems connecting to geo-specific OTT shows, auto-renews, and refund problems.
- Monthly plans are slightly more expensive than those offered by its competitors with similar VPN features.
ExpressVPN is a top-rated free VPN trial for the Dark Web, offering unlimited bandwidth, 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries, and high-end privacy and security.
It uses protocols like OpenVPN and Lightway, paired with AES-256 encryption for a secure, leak-free VPN tunnel.
ExpressVPN also features a no-logs policy and a watertight kill switch.
It can be used on up to 8 devices simultaneously, including phones, laptops, PCs, tablets, and routers.
The trial comes with a 30-day money-back policy and 24/7 live chat support.
The VPN is compatible with a wide range of devices, including phones, laptops, PCs, tablets, and routers.
The trial is free and offers a hassle-free experience for users.
- No specific limit to bandwidth.
- Secure ways to get into the Dark Web.
- The servers are located in more than 90 countries worldwide.
- No logs policy audited.
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee.
- 24 hour live chat support available.
- Very limited scope for customizations.
Windscribe is a Free-to-Use Dark Web VPN Service that provides fast, secure, and private VPN services with a server network of hundreds of servers located in more than 10 countries.
Windscribe offers 2GB of data per month, with 10GB of data available upon registration with an email account and confirmation.
Popular locations are available for free.
Windscribe offers fast speeds, secure VPN protocols, AES-256 encryption, and no-logs policies, as well as a kill switch built into a firewall.
Additionally, Windscribe does not impose any restrictions on simultaneous connections across multiple platforms, but does offer limited bandwidth.
Furthermore, Windscribe offers limited support services, such as a bot instead of 24/7 Live Chat, and offers a 3-day Money-Back Policy for paying customers.
- Performance is extremely fast.
- Have servers in over 10 countries.
- Possesses advanced kill switch.
- No logs policy audited.
- Free, reliable and trustworthy.
- Offers a pretty low data limit.
- There is no 24 hour live chat support available.
Why Is It So Dangerous To Use A Free Dark Web VPN?
There are a number of reasons why you should go for one of the Top VPN Services with premium access and not use a free Dark Web VPN:
- Weak Security and Encryption
- Aggressive Tracking, Collection and Sale of Data
- Embedding of Online Ad Injections
- Presence of Malware
- Old Software
- Free VPNs are more expensive than premium VPNs. That’s why they often use less secure protocols and encryption.
What Are The Drawbacks Of Using A Free VPN On The Dark Web?
The main drawbacks of free Dark Web VPNs are that they don't offer as much privacy and security, don't have as much bandwidth, and don't have as many secure protocols.
They're based on old protocols, and have a limited server network with only a dozen or so servers in 10 countries.
Most of them only support a few popular devices, and don't support multiple connections. They also have slow speed and poor performance because of too many servers.
They don't have kill switches, ad blockers, or split tunneling, and they can't bypass geo-blocks or evade censorship.
Plus, they don't have 24/7 customer service, and only have email support.
All in all, free VPNs don't offer the unlimited Dark Web browsing experience.
To hide location and sensitive data on the Dark Web, a VPN from the top VPN providers is essential.
Tor browser does this, but it's insufficient.
Free VPNs may cause slow performance or limited bandwidth.
However, expect a different experience with different best free VPN providers.