How To Make Meth (Methamphetamine) At Home In Easy Way
If you’ve ever seen a Breaking Bad episode, heard a meth lab report, or asked yourself how to make meth, you’ve likely wondered what makes meth so powerful.
Like many medications, methamphetamines can be used to treat ADHD, also known as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
However, Methamphetamines are more commonly used for recreational purposes than as prescription medication.
In this article, I will be taking you through the proper step-by-step guide on making methamphetamine or meth at home easily.
Table of Contents
- How To Make Meth: Easy Step-By-Step Tutorial
- Making Methamphetamine From Ephedrine: Meth Reduction With Hydroiodic Acid & Red Phosphorous
- Bottom Line
How To Make Meth: Easy Step-By-Step Tutorial
In this tutorial, I have tried to keep the steps as easy to digest as possible. This will help you to conduct the Meth manufacturing a comfortable journey.
So, how do you make methamphetamines? Let’s get it going!
Required Chemicals And Materials
The following are the important chemicals and materials required to manufacture Meth at home.
- Diluted hydrochloric acid (HCL), also known as Muriatic acid, is available in the pool section of most hardware stores.
- NaOH (lye)
- Engine starting fluid contains ethyl ether. Ethyl ether is also known as diethyl ether - eth-0-et. Ethyl ether can be found in the engine starting fluid. You can find ethyl ether in engine starting fluid at a large supermarket. Look for ethyl ether high ethyl ether content engine starting fluid like Prestone.
- Ephedrine - Today’s cottons used in Vicks Nasal Inhalers do not contain ephedrine or pfed. However, there are still many easy ways to obtain good ephedrine and pfed. Pure ephedrine can be extracted from plant matter, which can be found in most garden stores, or you can obtain pfed from a decongestant pill, such as SUDAFED. Most people prefer to use pfed from a pill rather than ephed from a plant.
The most important thing to remember is that you need to have pure ephed/pfed because contaminants will mess with the molar ratios and leave you with either too much or too little reduced shit. Contaminants will also jell with baseifying and gum up your product, making it very difficult to clean. Therefore, you’ll want to look for a pill that’s almost pure pfydephedrine HCL or at least as close to pure as possible.
Check the label of your pills to see if they contain any inactive ingredients. Inactive ingredients include binders, flavors, etc. These are things you don’t want and will be removed when cleaning your pills.
However, some inactive ingredients are more difficult to remove than others. Pills with a red coating, high levels of cellulose, high levels of wax, and pills containing povidone are all more difficult to remove. Generally, if you have two pills with the same amount of Pfed HCL, take the smaller pill because it has fewer binders and inactive components. Time released pills are usually more difficult to work with as they contain more binders and gel up during the a/b phase. Also, only buy pills that contain Pfed HCL as the sole active ingredient. To make ephedrine, you first need to make it (which is sometimes sold as meth). If you are selling ephedrine, I would simply make it and say it is meth.
- A glass eyedropper
- 3 small glass bottles with a lid (about 3 oz., but it doesn’t matter) 1.5 oz. marked on the outside with tape (maybe you want to mark it as ether). One must be clear (can’t be the marked one).
- Pyrex dish (I recommend meatloaf)
- A glass quart jar
- A pair of sharp scissors
- Clean rubber gloves
- Coffee filters
- A measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
Preparing The Ethyl Ether
WARNING: Ethyl ether is highly flammable, heavier than air, and should not be used near flame or a non-sparkless motor. Ethyl ether is also an anesthetic, and inhalation of ethyl ether can lead to respiratory collapse. Ethyl ether has a very high viscosity. Even a tiny amount of evaporation is very visible.
- Spray the unmarked small bottle with starter fluid until it looks about half-full. Fill the remaining half-filled bottle with water, cap, and shake for about 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for about 1.5 minutes.
- Tap the side of the bottle to try and separate the clear upper layer (ether).
- Draw off the top layer (ether) using the eyedropper.
- Discard the lower layer (water) and the cloudy layer.
- Place the ether in the labeled container. Repeat until you have approximately 1.5 ounces of ether.
- Cap the bottle and place it in the freezer (if possible).
- Rinse the other bottle and leave it to stand.
Ephedrine & Or P-Ephedrine
- Pour 1/8 spoon of lye crystals to the ephedrine bottle and shake vigorously. Be careful, the mixture will become hot and emit hydrogen gas and / or steam. Hydrogen gas is an explosive gas and is lighter than air. As always, avoid flames. Repeat this process until the mixture is cloudy. This neutralizes the hydrogen chloride in the salt, leaving you with an insoluble, free base (i.e. l-desoxyephedrine). The reason we do this is to get rid of any water soluble impurities. This should only take about 3 repetitions for 3 oz bottles.
- Fill the ethyl ether bottle from Step 5 all the way up to Step 6. Cap the bottle. Agitate the bottle for approximately 8 minutes. It is very important that every molecule of your free-base is exposed to the ethyl ether for at least 8 minutes. The free base will dissolve into the ethyl ether (it is soluble in ether).
- Allow the mixture to settle. The middle layer will be very thick. To make this layer as thin as possible, tap the side of your bottle. This is why your bottle needs to be clear.
- The top layer (ether) should be taken out with an eyedropper. Carefully remove the middle layer so that no of the ether remains in it. Put the ether layer removed into a third vial.
- Fill the third bottle halfway with water and about 5 drops of muriatic acid and cap. Shake the bottle for 2 minutes. Once it has settled, take off the top layer and discard it. The free base is now bonded to the HCl once again, creating a water-soluble salt. This step is all about getting rid of any impurities that are ether-soluble. Make sure to remove all the ether before proceeding to step 7.
- If there is any residue left over, use it again.
- The solution should be evaporated in the pyrex dish on a low heat. This can be done on the stovetop or in the microwave (be careful not to splash). However, I have found if you leave the solution on top of your hot water heater (e.g., the one that provides your home with hot water), it will take about 2 to 3 days for the remaining crystals to crystallize.
Note: Microwaving can cause uneven heating, so I recommend microwaving no more than 5 to 10 at once. If it starts “popping”, it means you have too little liquid left to microwave, so you can place it under a 100W lamp instead.
First dose: 120 mg ephedrine; HCL Estimated dose: 300 mg (100% theoretical, not including HCL)
Making Methamphetamine From Ephedrine: Meth Reduction With Hydroiodic Acid & Red Phosphorous
This is an intense step-by-step process on how to make Meth out of Ephedrine, reducing it with Hydroiodic Acid and Red Phosphorus.
- Too many matchbooks (striking pad type)
- Coffee filters (or filter paper)
- Something that measures ml and grams
- One flask (can be a small pot with lid)
- Hydroiodic Acid (I will let you know the making procedure)
- Red Phosphorus (I will let you know the making procedure)
- Toluene and HCL Gas (Optional)
Manufacturing Red Phosphorus
Stamping pads on matches contain about 50% red phosphorus. A determined experimenter can easily scrape off striking pads from matchbooks using a sharp knife to obtain a large quantity of red phosphorus. A typical composition of a striking pad is approximately 50% red phosphorus, about 30% antimony sulfide, and slightly less than 50% glue, iron oxides, MnO2, and glass powders. I do not believe these contaminants will significantly affect the reaction. Of course it is a laborious process to scrape off matchbooks to obtain large quantities of red phosphorus.
Manufacturing Hydroiodic Acid
Hydroiodic acid is made by combining iodine with red phosphorus. The acid is first prepared and allowed to fully react for 20 minutes, after which ephedrine is added to the mixture. The trick here is to simply boil off a little more water from the extract of ephedrine, and mix the acid mixture with fresh, clean water. Since HI from iodine is produced from red phosphorus, it gives off a lot of heat, so it is a good idea to chill it in ice and add the iodine crystals slowly to the red phosphorus-water mixture.
Manufacturing Methamphetamine (Meth): How Meth Is Made
- In order to do the reaction, fill a 1000ml round bottom flask with 150g ephedrine. Add 40g red phosphorus and 340g hydroiodic acid (47%). The same acid and red phosphorus mixture can be prepared by adding 150g iodine crystals to 150g red phosphorus in 300ml of water. The result should be a strong hydroiodic acid solution. How strong the acid solution needs to be I cannot say.
- Once the ingredients are mixed in the flask, attach a condenser to the flask. Boil the mixture for 1 day. This is necessary for best yields and highest octane number on the product. The mixture is very red and messy looking due to the red phosphorus floating around.
- After 1 day under reflux, let the flask cool and then dilute with the same volume of water.
- Next, we filter out the red phosphorus. A set of double-ended coffee filters will remove all red phosphorus, although real filter paper will do the trick. The filtered solution should look golden. The red color indicates that not all red phosphorus has been removed. If this is the case, we will filter it again. The phosphorus that has been filtered out can be stored for next time. If filtering doesn’t remove the red, iodine may be floating around. You can remove it by adding a few tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate or Sodium thiosulfate.
- The next step is to remove the acid from the batch. A powerful lye solution will be mixed and added to your batch while shaking it until it reaches a strongly basic state. This brings your meth out as a liquid free base, floating on the water surface. Shake the strongly basic solution vigorously to make sure all the meth is converted to a free base state. You can now sell or use your free base meth for injection or with the free base meth you now have.
- The next step is to make the crystalline meth hydrochloride salt. This is done by adding a few hundred milliliter (ml) toluene to the batch and extracting the meth free base as usual. If the chemist has carefully cooked the meth, the color will be clear to pale yellow, and the product will be sufficiently pure to form nice white crystals by simply bubbling dry hydrochloric (HCl) gas through it. If the color is darker, you will need to call for a distillation to obtain a pure meth-free base. The yield of pure meth hydrochloride is 100 – 110 grams.
Methamphetamine is a potent stimulant, and can be made at home using diluted hydrochloric acid, NaOH, and ethyl ether. Ephedrine can be extracted from plant matter or decongestant pills. Ethyl ether is flammable and anesthetic.
If you have been long looking for a proper guide on how to make meth at home, I am sure this will help. Let me know if you have tried this procedure and what you felt about this.