Dark web vendors have issued warnings to other vendors and members of dark web forums about upcoming changes to the United States Postal Service’s Aviation Mail Security initiative that prohibit certain packages from entering the mail stream through Blue Boxes and Post Office mail slots.
The Postal Service is modifying its Aviation Mail Security initiative to prohibit stamped mail pieces or stamped packages that are more than one-half inch thick or weigh more than 10 ounces from entering the email stream through collection boxes, building mail chutes, and Post Office mail slots, according to to the most recent postal bulletin.
Image Source: fee.org
Effective October 1, 2019, customers who need to mail stamped packages larger than one-half inch thick or heavier than 10 ounces will need to enter the Post Office and interact with an employee of the Postal Service at the retail counter.
- Postal Service letter carriers will be required to more closely scan the mail collected from residences and collection boxes.
- Carriers have been instructed not to accept packages that fit the restricted criteria, even in face-to-face transactions.
- Carriers will instruct customers to take these items to the Post Office and conduct a transaction at the retail service counter.
- Items that cannot be returned immediately are to be isolated and returned to the sender via surface transportation only.
- Mail that is returned to sender will have a Customer Return Label (DDD2) attached explaining the restrictions and reason for return.
- One vendor wrote that the upcoming change will be a major blow to the trade. The vendor added that the new restrictions could “result in many people being investigated or worse.” Based on the emails this author has received and the scattered forum posts, it appears as if vendors are concerned that others are unaware of the changes.
- The new triangular labels (pictured above) will be placed on more than 140,000 USPS collection boxes throughout the United States. Vendors and their shippers are not likely going to remain unaware for long.
Image Source: thenation.com
Disclaimer: Darkweblink.com does not promote or endorse claims that have been made by any parties in this article. The information provided here is for the general purpose only and unintended to promote or support purchasing and/or selling of any products and services or serve as a recommendation in the involvement of doing so. Neither Darkweblink.com nor any member is responsible directly or indirectly for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in relation with the reliance on or usage of any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.